Following the expiration of the tenure of the former Board of the National Institute of Labour Studies, President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the reconstitution of a new board.
The chairman and members of the board are as listed below:
- Prince Sam Okpako Onokohwomo (Kowho) (Chairman)
- Brigadier General Umar Gital Yusuf (Member), representing the Nigerian Army.
- Mrs. Omoabie Udeme Akpan (Member), representing the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- CP Falaye S. Olaleye (Member), representing the Nigeria Police Force.
- Ambassador Obinna Chukwuemeka Agbugba (Member), representing the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Mr. Umaru Ahmadu (Member), representing Service Strategy and Policy Office.
- Comrade Salamatu Aliyu (Member), representing the Nigeria Labour Congress.
- Comrade Babatunde Goke Olatunji (Member), representing the Nigeria Labour Congress.
- Mr. Femi Mokikan (Member), representing the Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association.
- Mr. Adeniyi Ologun (Member), representing the Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association.
- Comrade Nasir Fagge (Member), representing Nigerian Universities.
- Comrade Issa Aremu (Member), the Director of National Institute for Labour Studies.
READ ALSO: ALTON Raises Alarm Over Imminent Telecom Blackout in Kogi, Abuja, 9 Other States, Calls For Urgent Intervention
The Council will be inaugurated by the Supervising Minister of the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) and Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Mr. Festus Keyamo, SAN, on a date to be communicated to all appointees.
Their appointment, according to the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malla Garba Shehu, is for a period of four years.